Tibetan Translation Tool – Installation Guide:
- Tibetan Transation Tool – Easy Installation Guide – The Tibetan Translation Tool is a nice Tibetan-English dictionary program. But it is not very convenient to install. This guide tries to make the process as painless as possible.
- Wylie Input on Android and iOS (and Windows, and MacOS, and Linux) – Software that might be helpful for typing Tibetan text on mobile devices while using Wylie transliteration.
- Typing Tibetan on Windows or Linux – Some software that might be helpful for typing Tibetan text.
- Short Overview of Wylie Transliteration (PDF) – A condensed overview of Turrell Wylie’s transliteration scheme for transliterating Tibetan in latin letters.
Wylie Lookup Table for Programs and Scripts:
- Lookup Table for Wylie to Unicode Conversion – A large list of wylie syllables and their unicode equivalents in order to allow easy an implementation of syllable-by-syllable conversion between Tibetan text using Wylie transliteration and Tibetan text using unicode.
Lazy Font Loading:
- Lazy Loading of Web Fonts – Allow the browser to display a page with default fonts and use a font priority list to determine whether a better web font should be loaded dynamically afterwards
Other technical tools and further bits and pieces of information for dealing with Tibetan text:
These days it has become rather easy to use Tibetan text on a computer. Nevertheless, here are some resources that might be helpful:
- Universal Tibetan Font Converter – This converter supports the conversion between many different legacy Tibetan fonts and Unicode for both plain text and RTF documents.
- Digital Tibetan – links to various Tibetan resources – e.g. dictionaries, tools and instructions for writing and writing texts in Tibetan, etc.
- Online converter between Wylie and Unicode (Digitaltibetan.org) – the converter can also be downloaded as a Perl and Java implementation.
- Digital Tibetan – A nice Wiki with various pointers to Tibetan computing resources.
- Tibetan and Himalayan Library – Various resources related to Tibetan Buddhism and also about Tibetan computing by the University of Virginia
- Extended Wylie Transliteration Scheme – Nice and thorough although somewhat over-complicated explanation of TurrellWylie’s tranliteration system to render Tibetan in latin script together with some additions made by the University of Virginia